This salad will be the star of any picnic or summer dinner. It’s light, delicious, and beautiful.
- 8 watermelons, seedless or seeded, in cups
- 1 medium English cucumber halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 medium mangos peeled and cubed (2 1/2 cups)
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (may substitute walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Gently combine the watermelon, cucumber, mango, onions, mint, and almonds in a large mixing basin. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Toss the watermelon mixture in the dressing. Serve right away, or cover and chill for up to 2 hours.